We Moved Down South, Y'all

I know I've been MIA lately- the past four months have been crazy. Starting the morning after my husband's birthday (September 9th), we embarked on a road trip to Raleigh, NC to check out the area as a potential new hometown. We spent four days driving all around to many, many neighborhoods and houses. Thinking this was just a preliminary trip, we checked out a few houses, and of course fell in love with one. . Long story short, we now live in that house! In between then and now we renovated a bathroom, lived in several hotels, took a week long trip to Florida, staged our condo, sold our condo, packed our condo, and moved into our new home. 
The house we purchased was created the same year I was - 1981. It was recently renovated so it looks like it's new- which is great most of the time, but it could use a little bit of charm. I was on Pinterest all morning creating this board: Old House Charm
My husband likes sleek, modern lines. I love ornate beautiful details. So we will see how our two styles mix together. 
For now, I'll leave you with some photos of our old condo, the way it looked at it's most perfect state- right before the Open House (that never happened, because we sold before it was listed!). 






Have you moved lately? Tell me about it!

1 comment:

  1. I've been to your condo - it didn't ever look too far off from those photos, just more lived in. You're being modest. :) Love the decor, can't wait to see what you guys do in the new place. Congrats on the move!

    ReplyDelete

{Linkwithin}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...